Sunday

Why I Write

'Why I Write' is a question I have been asking myself a lot recently, in fact I was asked to think about it as part of my introduction to studying Design Writing Criticism. This is an extract from a piece I wrote on the subject:

Putting pen to paper, be it drawing or writing, is always a cathartic process for me, it forces me to think. When I write I feel awake, ideally I like to be in a quiet room so I can focus completely. Sometimes the practice of writing can feel like a foray, attempting to find the answers in my head. Other times words fall on to the page as if they were already written. Even at it’s most challenging writing has a satisfying end, knowing that how ever long it takes to finish, there will be an answer. Working out what to say in someone’s birthday card isn’t always obvious, but in the end I know.

http://www.designwritingcriticism.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment